BEST PLACES TO LIVE WITH ARTHRITIS
For anyone who is purely ignorant of what “arthritis” implies,it is formed from a greek word “arthron” which means joint.So by definition,we could say, arthritis is a painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints.
It is a chronic disorder in man that annihilates the joints.Over 200 million citizens of the world have been affected by this disease which later became an eye sore to humanity.
Many patients or casualties are often advised to be careful of their habitation, because it really matters based on the disease.
Challenges regarding to this disease are inevitable for its victim.
Here are some major challenges of arthritis:
- It causes depression and anxiety
- It increases the risk of developing other chronic diseases
- Sleeplessness and fatigue
- Reduction of mobility and physical weakness
- Joint pain and stiffness
What climate is the best for osteoarthritis
Many scientist and researchers of the world have relatively carried out their experiments and researches on the best climates that suits patients suffering from this disease.
According to one of the notable professors in the world in southampton,Karen Walker Bone,a professor of occupational rheumatology.
once stated that people living with osteoarthritis generally would love or prefer to reside In a place where the weather condition is dry and warm.
Due to what he proposed,he was backed up by many scientist of the world.
Walker further stated that those with rheumatoid arthritis would prefer a cooler environment and atmosphere.
Can people really live long with osteoarthritis
The condition of being a patient does not necessarily get worse when the patient is being surrounded with full support and not stigmatization.
You can really cope well with osteoarthritis if you are lucky to have good supporters.But majorly,you really need these tips to live with osteoarthritis:
- Abiding by prescription:How on earth will a man be suffering from an ailment and yet he doesn’t live by prescriptions.
It is therefore a necessity to constantly take your drugs or medicine as prescribed by the doctor even if you are now feeling better.
Patients suffering from osteoarthritis are often advised not to skip any portion of the medicine any time of the day because continuous usage often alleviates and abates the disease.
If you notice any side effects based on the prescription,you can visit the health care center for further assistance,if the need to ask questions arises,ask only the doctors or the physicians.
Seeking advises from friends, neighbors or relatives could be hazardous.
- Living a healthy life: A healthy living comprises of eating good diet,fitness of the body and loosing of weights.
It is therefore very essential to feed on a balanced diet,because it builds up certain tissues of the body.
Visiting a dietitian could be helpful.However,this context does not support gluttony.
Hence,its benefits cannot be underestimated or underrated.
Arthritis, a condition characterized by painful joint inflammation and stiffness, can significantly impact a person’s daily life. As individuals seek ways to manage this chronic disorder, the choice of where to live becomes a crucial consideration. The right environment can greatly affect the well-being and quality of life for those dealing with arthritis. In this article, we explore the best places to live for individuals facing the challenges of arthritis, taking into account factors like climate, healthcare facilities, and accessibility.
Understanding Arthritis and its Impact
Before delving into the ideal living environments, it’s important to grasp the challenges posed by arthritis. This condition affects millions worldwide, causing not only physical discomfort but also mental and emotional strain. Challenges can range from limited mobility and joint pain to sleep disturbances and increased risk of developing other chronic diseases.
Factors Influencing the Ideal Living Environment
When considering the best places to live with arthritis, several factors come into play:
1. Climate: Climate plays a significant role in managing arthritis symptoms. Many individuals find relief in moderate, temperate climates. Warm and dry conditions can ease joint pain and stiffness, while humid and cold environments might exacerbate discomfort.
2. Healthcare Facilities: Access to quality healthcare is crucial for managing arthritis effectively. Living in an area with well-equipped medical facilities and specialists can ensure prompt and appropriate treatment.
3. Lifestyle Amenities: Proximity to amenities like fitness centers, aquatic therapy pools, and recreational spaces can promote an active lifestyle that aids in arthritis management.
4. Walkability: A walkable neighborhood with flat terrain and accessible sidewalks can make movement easier for individuals with arthritis.
5. Supportive Community: A community that fosters understanding, social engagement, and support can significantly improve a person’s overall well-being.
Top Places for Individuals with Arthritis
1. Phoenix, Arizona, USA: Known for its warm and dry climate, Phoenix offers relief for individuals with arthritis seeking relief from joint pain and stiffness.
2. Tucson, Arizona, USA:Another Arizona city, Tucson’s mild climate and diverse healthcare facilities make it an appealing choice.
3. San Diego, California, USA: With its moderate climate, San Diego provides a comfortable environment for arthritis sufferers.
4. Malaga, Spain: The Mediterranean climate of Malaga, characterized by mild winters and warm summers, has proven beneficial for arthritis management.
5. Sydney, Australia: Sydney’s temperate climate and well-developed healthcare system make it an attractive option for individuals with arthritis.
6. Honolulu, Hawaii, USA:Hawaii’s tropical climate and access to aquatic therapy facilities make it a desirable location for arthritis sufferers.
Choosing the best place to live with arthritis involves a thoughtful consideration of various factors, from climate to healthcare facilities. Each individual’s experience with arthritis is unique, so it’s important to find an environment that suits their specific needs. By prioritizing a climate that eases symptoms, easy access to healthcare, and a supportive community, individuals can create an environment that promotes comfort, relief, and an improved quality of life while managing the challenges posed by arthritis.