How to copy and paste values in Microsoft Excel without the fomular
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:15 pm
When you perform a normal copy and paste on a cell in Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 that has been calculated by a formula, the formula gets pasted as well. This means that once the generating cells have been altered or even deleted, they result cell gets affected too. There is a simple way around this if you wish to just copy and paste only the value within the cell and nothing more. Just follow these steps.
- Select the cell (or cells) or ranges you wish to copy.
- Select the “Home” tab.
- Select “Copy” in the “Clipboard section (or right-click to copy).
- Select the cell (or cells) you wish to paste your values to.
- Right-Click and select "Paste special".
- From the extended menu that appears, select “Values“.
- Select “OK“.